Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 tries to connect with udp port

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulwood

IS-IT--Management
Apr 10, 2001
GB
In trying to lock down ZoneAlarm Pro, I selected Internet Explorer 6 and only allowed the regular http ports. When I started IE it tried to connect with UDP port 1728, 1730 and 1735. I can't imagine why, they're not normally assigned, my McAfee AV is right up to date and Moosoft Trojan scanner didn't find anything. I recently innocently clicked on a link which took me to what turned out to be a hacker site, I immediately got a bunch of windows opening, which is normally done to hide an attack. I didn't get any alarms from AV or ZA. Any ideas?

IE always opens a UDP port as soon as it is started. Why? You got me! Netscape does not exhibit the same behavior. I'm willing to bet that it's spyware of some kind.

if your trojan scanner comes from a company called moosoft, can you be sure it is not a troajn itself? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back