Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 SP1 dead links

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1969

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2003
US
I'm having a problem with some machines that are unable to open up a window from a link in IE. We've recently updated our machines from IE6.0 to IE6.0SP1 and the problem has shown up on a couple of machines. We've tried to re-registry some DLL's, but that didn't work. I've found a temporary solution: elevate the user to a local administrator on their machine, but this can only be a short term fix (company policy). Any ideas??

Hello, I'm having the same problem. I do log on as administrator on my laptop running XP professional, but that fix doesn't work for me. Microsoft is aware of this problem, and from what I can see, the only fix is to wait for the next service pack, or to remove SP1, revert back to IE 6.0 (without SP1). Unfortunately I'm running XP Professional, so SP1 comes with it, but if I was you, I would try removing SP1, I heard that this does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back