Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Renderring Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphiooo

Programmer
Oct 23, 2005
GB
Hi, i have a renderring issue on my website:

in ie6. If you scroll to the bottom (keep scrolling up and down at the bottom to see the change) you will see that the bottom doesn't look right. In the past i've found that putting position: relative on the parent div usually solves renderring problems in ie6 but this time it's not having it.

Really appreciate if someone could help. Thanks

It's difficult to help without all the code present. To help us help you, make a version of the page with the CSS embedded so we can see all the classes and ids and give us the URL.

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

I think the URL is providing enough of the code, but the problem I have is not seeing the problem on my IE6. "It doesn't look right" is a pretty vague description. Maybe it does not look right to you, it looks right to me though. If you tell us what that means, we have a much bigger chance of noticing.

It's very subtle. At the bottom, at the divider between the content and the footer, part of the lower border of the content is sometimes overlaid by a narrow light grey rectangle. Sometimes the rectangle disappears if you "rock" the display by moving vertical scroll bar up and down. That's why it would be good to see the css.

It doesn't happen in Firefox.

Mike Krausnick
Dublin, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back