Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ie6 must download? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robdunfey

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
GB
Hi,

This may be a little low level for the forum but im banging my head over this. I have some software that requires ie6 be installed, problem is i dont have an internet connection? every time i try and install it wants to connect, i havent been able to find a downloadable version that doesnt require a connection? I can't order it as I dont live in the US or Canada. I am running Windows 2000, any help on this issue would be really appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Rob

Do this on an internet PC, one with a Cd burner!

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

>> i havent been able to find a downloadable version that doesnt require a connection

How could you? If it is downloadable, it must require a connection, surely?

Can you tell us the name of this mystery software you are trying to obtain?

Dan

Dan,

What Ron want is a full install of IE 6 instead of having to download the set up file that, after it is run, has to go back to the internet to get the components the user wants to download.

Mike

I know. But he said:

"problem is i dont have an internet connection"

So how would he download the full version from the URL you gave him?

Dan

Probably on the same PC he is using to communicate on this forum, then burn to disk and run on the other machine that does not have a connection.

Greg Palmer
Free Software for Adminstrators

Dan, be smart
So how would he download the full version from the URL you gave him

A: The same way he posted here.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions?
[/sub]
See faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back