Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 messed up explorer window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palynth

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
When I installed IE6 for one of my users, it decided to mess up explorer. If I double click on "my computer" I get two windows, the folder window on the left whats inside what you have selected on the right. The folder window is blank or grayed out. You can close the window but it comes back even if you click on the Like current View on the view tab in folder options. The only question I have now is how to fix that folder window on the left side. When I install IE5 that goes away but my user needs IE6 for testing purposes here at my company. Any suggestions?

I knew that there was something I forgot to put in. My user uses 2000 Pro. I am curious if this would fix a 2000 machine also. I appreciate the help. Does anyone else know if there is a fix for this out there? THX in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back