Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 in WIndows XP and Internet Tools 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eroka

MIS
Oct 11, 2001
IL
I liked IE5 and IE5.5 as they had great add-ons called Internet Tools and Web Accessories. They had, among other features Zoom In and Zoom Out of images, open frame in a new window, and so on.
After insralling XP one hgets the IE6 from the start. I cannot "downgrade" the version to IE5.5, those browser add-ons are not compatible with IE6 (only for IE5.5) and I couldn't get my hands on these add-ons for IE6.
DSoes anyone there have a solution? Do I really need to wait for those guys down in Redmond to develop the same features for IE6 - and there is nothing else to do about this?
Eroka.

Don't worry - you can go ahead and install them.
Zoom-In and Zoom-out still work;
add to {non-current} security zone works;
toggle images works
Quick seach works, although TweakUi does the same

The Document Tree command (show DOM of page) does have some issues; just let's say it doesn't work.

I think that's about it....

---

saybibi();

// john

#include <stddiscl.h>

Hey partner. You CAN use the zoom in and zoom out features with IE6. You need to download the web accessories kit off the IE website. There's also other add-ins there too. I've got them all in IE6 and have no issues whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back