Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Fullscreen hijack

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacunita

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
MX
Here at the office many users access a particular webiste to get current building material prices and and such. Recently however the company has updated their webiste, and now opens a fullscreen browser window. In firefox its not an issue because it retains the titlebar, and the corner hotspot, so i can rezise it easily but as most of my users *ehem* use IE6 the fullscreen cannot be undone even pressing F11 does nothing. It seems the webiste blocks it so its always fullscreen.

IT very annoying to say the least and many users are complaining. Short of using another webiste is their any way
of reducing the Explorer window in IE6??

Hope i made sense.

Any help is appreciated

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

I'd mail the webmaster telling that they're losing potential clients by doing such annoying tecniques. Maybe that will make them think.

Cheers,
Dian

Depending on your OS and SP level, you may or may not still see a bar at the top of the screen in IE, even in full-screen mode. If you don't maybe upgrade to Win XP SP2, as I believe this lets you retain the menu bar as a security feature.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

I talked to the Company that owns the website, and they told me they had been getting quite a few complaints from other bussiness partners about the fullscreen deal, and that they have resolved to remove it. I'm guessing their Webmaster is not going to be very popular when they come back to work in January.

I still cant figure out who would think a fullscreen unresizeable window is a good web technique.

Anyway thanx all.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back