Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 - Full Download 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBurch

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
AU
Anyone know where the full download is for IE6? I need to install to 30 PCs and I don't want to download to each one.

Thanks, Chris

It worked yesterday.
It doesn't work today.
That's Windows!

Don't remember on IE6, bu tin IE5.5 when you install, ther eis a folder created on c:\ called windows update files. This includes the setup files to load IE. That is how I have always done installs for multiple PC's. Just a thought.

Thanks echoecho Chris

It worked yesterday.
It doesn't work today.
That's Windows!

Another way of getting there:

Create c:\ie6
Download the ie6setup.exe file (the small 500k file) to that folder
and run the following command from the run box or from the command prompt (with quotes):

"C:\ie6\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"

Once this is executed you 'll get the option to download the IE's for 95/98, NT, 2000, Me & XP

It worked for me. In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

First make the folder/directory you want to use to hold the files. Then you go to Microsoft and download the loader, which is about 500K, then double click to begin the download and install, when you are asked if you want to download and install the typical or (advanced)custom version, select the custom version to choose what components you want to include. At that point, you are offered the choice to choose the OS you want to download for, and you can pick any MS system currently available. Pick what you want, and you can download the entire selection. I chose 98 and ME, and downloaded about 80 MB, so do it where you have a fast connection.

I just write the "Windows Update Setup Files" file folder onto a CD-RW on my computer and put the disk into the CD-ROM of the computer I want to update and open this file on the disk. Then I double-click the "ie6.setup.exe" file and it loads IE 6 in it's entirety. It works everytime I've used it. This sounds like what echoecho is doing also. If the computer's CD-ROM won't read my CD-RW I load a UDF reader program that fixes that. I suppose I could put the folder on a CDR instead, if I had to. "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back