Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 Extremely slow vs. AOL over Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedAdmin

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2002
US
Hey all,

I've been running into the strangest things network-wise lately. One of the strangest being a standard Wi-Fi network with 3 PCs running Linksys adapters connecting to a Netgear 108Mbps 802.11g router/switch. Apparently, AOL works just peachy over this WLAN via TCP/IP. However, IE 6 is an absolute bear... taking up to a minute or more to load a page that takes AOL's interface about 2 seconds to load. I've done the standard IE temp files cleaning.

All other network functional is intact and operating nominally to the best of my knowledge. PCs are all running XP and all on SP2.

Of additional note... I brought my laptop along and connected to this WLAN. My PC, which is fine at home and at the office, exhibited the same issues as the PCs on this WLAN. Leaving there and coming back to the office and my browsing was fine again.

I don't think this is a hardware-related issue. But at this point, I'm sort of stumped as to how two browser interfaces can be so radically different time-wise.

Any thoughts?

[ A+ Certified, Net+ Certified ]

"Old men are always young enough to learn."

~ Aeschylus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back