Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 and Hotmail 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

2D

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
Just reinstalled Win2k SP3, IE6 and all service packs from windows update. I try to access my hotmail email acct and get error saying cookies arent enabled. I set the privacy setting to low and go to the advanced dialog box and set to allow all cookies and session cookies. Still being reported by hotmail site that cookies arent enabled. This is not the case as i go to and sign in my personalized yahoo page just fine. At a loss here.

First, the easy fix. Please make sure that your date and time on your pc are correct.

If that doesn't get it for you, post back...there's a litany of other possible culprits.

Hi there,
I also have a similar problem to that of 2D. It's a client's machine running win98se. It's on an analog dialup internet access. there are abt 7 machines but others work fine. interestingly, other sites part from hotmail member sign in work fine. can any one out there asssist?

And you've checked the above fix to no avail?

Carr-thank you for your help, it was a date issue. I was one day into the future. I changed to the correct date an it worked. Thanks again for your quick respoinse and helpful tip.

I too am having this problem. I first checked the date/time and low and behold it was wrong. Now can someone explain why it is still happening? This is bizarre. Sometimes it logs in just fine with the settings on Med. and sometimes it doesnt. What's up? And no, I dont have 'empty temp. internet files when browser is closed' checked in my advanced settings. This has to be yet another MS product glitch...

There are other possible causes. The prior posts were simply solved by the easiest fix.

It is possible you have a corrupt cookie for the problem site(s). Search c:\windows\cookies for any cookies for the site in question and delete them.

But...before anyone can offer more information, you need to provide some. You've posted a question without any reference to your OS or what version of IE you're running. I can't guess this info from what you ask, and the possible fixes without knowing are too many to post. Please provide this in your next post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back