Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE6 "Error on Page" msg. Help please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrrhus

Technical User
Dec 18, 2001
AU
I am frequently getting an "Error on Page" message in the status bar. When this happens, all open windows run like lame dogs. I'm running Win98, and have the IE6 SP1 installed. I vaguely remember a message some time ago saying that some dll file (I think) had been corrupted and / or deleted, but there wasn't much I could do about it since it was already history. That may or may not be relevant. I can't find a full download of IE6 anywhere on the MS site, just SP1, so I can't reinstall. Also, I've got the Sygate (free) firewall installed, so I may have inadvertently blocked something. Any help, please?

I should have added that I have run the repair function, as per the FAQ, but it did not fix the problem.

Hi,

you can try download tcp/ip optimizer and reduce your number of the amount of servers per connection on the latest tab (I set it to 6, looks slow, but is still fast). In this program you can back up and restore your settings easily so now risk at all.
My problems were solved.

Good Luck

---You can’t change the wind. But the way you set your sails is up to you---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back