Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE5 & Win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadman2

Technical User
Apr 17, 2000
US
Visit site
This is a non-fatal but I'd like to know: As &quot;free-lance consultant geek&quot; for my friends I came across one yesterday that was puzzling.&nbsp;&nbsp;Somehow the dialog box squares to change setup in the Explorer Properties/Advanced tab were gone!<br>So, I just highlighted the text and clicked apply...one by one until the desired settings were accepted.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>But the check boxes never did come back.<br>Any way to get them back short of uninstalling/reinstalling<br>OR has anyone seen this?<br>

If you look at the options for say &quot;accesibility&quot; if you double click on it it hides the mene items below it.&nbsp;&nbsp;then double click on it again and it reopens the submenu.&nbsp;&nbsp;try this it should work.<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br> "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the<br>
Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is<br>
not true." <br>
--Robert Wilensky, University of California <br>
<br>
<br>

Actually the lines of text were there, but the check boxes were gone.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>I've needed to get back here and was reminded to by Tek-Tips.<br>Turned out my friend hadn't updated her virus def's and had gotten the kak.worm.<br>She e-mailed it to my wife, who found it and alerted her.<br>I use NT and the worm won't work here! (just the one running the keyboard)<br>But, thanks for advice, tmoses.<br>( :&gt; [ ) <p> <br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back