Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE5 will not run ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozdon

Technical User
Mar 28, 2002
GB
Hi
My problem is that when opening my browser(IE5)I cannot get any pages to display. I get the error message "page cannot be displayed". My system is logged onto the ISP ok and I can send and receive email ok. My system is P4, 256mb ram, Win98SE. I have tried to use another browser (netscape)but the same problem occurs. Any advice greatly appreciated.
I have come across a similar problem in the past and had to format and reinstall to overcome it, but dont want to do this again if I can help it
RD

rozdon, I'm guessing that you have already checked your Internet Options? Check your connections tab to make sure that everything is pointing at your ISP.

Who's the ISP? Perhaps you need to do some Network Neighborhood modifications to your modem/lan card. But, you did say that email was moving....I'd have to say that it's some type of connections setting that not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back