Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE5 Security Flaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpeliam

Programmer
Mar 17, 2000
US
This refers to a thread on the HTML/DHTML forum (&quot;All code on Netscape&quot;). It seems that somebody who had uploaded their page to the web could view the code in IE, but not in Netscape- in Netscape, they just saw the code. It turns out that the root of the problem was a permissions error- the chmod had been set to default, and the pages weren't set for Now usually I side with IE, but this time I'd have to side with Netscape- if the pages aren't chmodded right, they shouldn't be displayed by the browser. IE screwed up, in my opinion.<br><br>Could this be a possible security flaw? Just throwing that out there... for any further info, please read the &quot;All code on Netscape&quot; thread in the HTML/DHTML forum. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back