Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE5.5 Favorites on a network drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visitor

MIS
Nov 23, 1999
US
Visit site
Does anyone know of a way to have the Favorites for IE5.5 stored on users' home directories on a server? I've tried changing the registry key for Favorites, but it keeps getting set back to the default for Win2K. Any help appreciated...

Just out of curiosity when you are editing the registry are you making the change using Regedt32 or regedit? You should be using Regedt32 since it is an REG_EXPAND_SZ type key.

If you use Regedit it will change the key to a binary value and then the key will keep changing back to the default value. If it has already changed to a binary value (REG_SZ) then you will need to delete the key and readd it back in Regedt32.

just a thought.

joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

Thanks for that info - I was using regedit actually, I'll try using regedt32. I did find some other registry entries that appear to define the location for the Favorites folder. I'll keep testing and use the regedt32 instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back