Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE11 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramblingrebel

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2010
CA
I noticed IE11 has been slowly stopped working on my computers and ones i use at clients for BCM's. I'm on one clients system/ pc trying to update next years holiday schedules, and cannot get IE or EDGE in IE mode to run the callpilot interface. Just spent the last hour or so trying different things but can't seem to get through it. (i have win07 and win8/1 machines as my trusty backups). has anyone else figured out a way to seamlessly do this?

I'm guessing you mean that the browser on the computer isn't able to access the BCM application?. Have you tried Firefox after the modification to the TLS setting has been enabled as shown in this thread?

thread1361-1814356

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

yes, thats the error i get. but it started out win10 suddenly not letting IE11 run, forces IE11 closed and opens in edge. i managed to get ie mode working properly for other management tools, but am struggling with the callpilot one. I'll read this thread, thanks for the link

There is a setting in Edge that hijacks IE pages and forces them to open in Edge instead. I ran into this on a customer's PC when trying to talk to a SIP conference phone that needed IE.

From the Microsoft forums:
answers.microsoft.com said:
You can disable this behaviour from Edge by going to Settings > Default browser > Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge and setting it to "Never". No need for disabling all addons or modifying the registry. You might need to restart IE after changing the setting for it to take effect.

- Qz

got the firefox set up at the one customers, talked to curlycord and loaded waterfox, going to give that the once over for BCM's and a few other items that still require IE type interface. i found the answer on microsofts web site as well and decided to give it a try on one of my laptops and it does work on one product so far, will try the rest later. Thanks for all your feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back