Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE10 settings via GPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joblack23

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2008
US
I am struggling to understand how Microsoft wants us to manage IE10 settings now a days. I follow several threads and i am more confused.
Start from the beginning: We have several sites that require us to use IE10, otherwise i would have used Chrome or firefox.
I have a combination of 2012 and 2008AD. Both do not show Internet Explorer Maintenance sections. My understanding so far is that they have been moved to Internet Control/security page where I could see partial information. I am still not able to find "privacy settings".
Anyone can shed some light on this subject? I've tried RAST as some suggested. I created the snap-in to either ADs but sadly shows the same thing which was expected.

Thanks in advance.

In the User configuration section, got to here:

Policies > Administrative Templates (ADMX) > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel

IEAK is the preferred way for complete control. Also check Group Policy Preferences, but I don't think that privacy settings are included there.

Hi Smah again... Thanks for being here. While most items are available as baddos mentioned and found them, there are quite a few missing. For example we have some proprietary software that we need to connect to remotely which requires specific settings including privacy settings. I found the internet trusted zones domain in the registry settings, but I cannot find the privacy settings. My understanding using IKEA is the option to run GP from your local win 7 station. However, i see no way to connect to AD gp since the snap in mmc will modify the local settings and not my preset group policy for my internet settings. I am sure i am missing something but i've done quite a bit of investigation and none so far has worked for me.

Thanks again. Have a star. and Happy Thanks Giving to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back