Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE WWW-Authenicate error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphious

MIS
May 6, 2008
GB
My server has been a-ok for months now but this morning i've logged on and tried to run windows updates and IE is spitting back the following error:

You are not authorised to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your web browser is sending a header field that the web server is not configured to accept

This error comes up when visiting any website, i have installed firefox and that works a-ok. Anyone know how i can disable the Had a scout on the mighty Google but found nowt

Thanks in advance

Additional:

have compared my ISS settings with one of my clients settings and all seems to be ok, noticed that further down the IE page where i get the error is another error which reads:

HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorised Access is denied due to server configuration. Intenet Information Services (IIS)

We have basic authentication enabled, i've checked the settings in IE itself and its also set to use basic auth. Tried turning both off but still couldn't connect

I had the exact same problem. Found out it was an issue with sharepoint. My advice is run a repair disk on ISS, that took care of my problem/ issues, maybe it'll help with yours. Make sure ya do a restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back