Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE won't start up in XP pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorEd

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
US
I have posted this once before and may have been a little unclear in my description of problem. I will restate it. I am unable to open IE 6.0 in Windows XP pro in a limited account or guest account. When I change the account type to Administrator all works good. Any suggestions? Some sort of permissions problem??? Help!!

What are the Security Permissions set for on Iexplorer.exe in Internet Explorer in Program Files? Turn off "Use Simple File Sharing" in Folder Options/ View to access the Security Tab (assuming you have NTFS).

Thanks for the info...turned out to be Ad/Spyware problem...cleaned out account...all is good. I got that info from G. Palmer...he seems to have a good handle on what is going on with a lot of the problems I have seen in this site.
Thanks...Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back