Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Will Not Open, but only at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallia

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
At work, IE v6.0 works fine and it's the browser I always use. I take my laptop home (cable modem) and IE also works fine. I take my laptop to a colleagues home (DSL) where we often work from, and I cannot open IE--it starts to open, I get the window frame, but it never fully displays. I do not get any "The page cannot be found" error. It just hangs when trying to open.

On his lan I can open Netscape and surf with no problem. My IE home page is accessible from his lan via Netscape. IE works fine for my colleague on his lan, including my home page site and others. Several weeks ago my IE would work fine on his lan. I do not know what has changed since.

What would cause this? Thanks.

It might be an idea, in IE, to open Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings and compare the settings on your and the colleague's computer.

I checked and they are the same. I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back