Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Web Controls on different .NET Framework builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turchan

Programmer
Aug 24, 2001
US
Ladies & Gentlemen:

I am using IE Web Controls (TreeView, TabStrip, MultiPage, and ToolBar) in my APS .NET applications. The Microsoft site says that: <b>This product is only compatible with machines running builds of the .NET Framework (1.0.3705.0) and Visual Studio® .NET (7.0.9466).<b> and they also do not support these. Did anyone tried to use these controls in the different .NET Framework and/or other VS .NET version that above?
I need to make a decision on whether to continue using IE Web Controls in my other applications.
I will greatly appreciate any response!

What I did might be totally wrong, but I installed the 1.1 framework but kept the 1.0 version.

I had to do a minor workaround to get the ie controls to work properly (had to edit the batch file that runs from what I remember), but they work fine and I havn't had any problem at all.

Of course, for all I know, I installed 1.1 but havn't actually switched over to using it.

But so far, so good.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back