Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE vs Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

efrain

Programmer
May 17, 1999
US
I've been designing a web page and carelessly used only IE to check my output.  Now that I've checked with Netscape I'm having a problem with my tables.  For some reason some of my cells are larger than I have requested.  For example: In one cell I have an image with a width of 140.  In IE the table cell fits snug around the image.  In Netscape, there's a pretty good sized margin to the right of the image making the cell larger.  Why is this and how do I fix it?

From the praxis I know that you should not leave any blank spaces (spaces, new lines, comments etc.) between the tags(it has to look like &lt;td ....&gt;&lt;img .....&gt;&lt;/td&gt;). <p>IvanP<br><a href=mailto:ip@thehyper.net>ip@thehyper.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Pete:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks!&nbsp;&nbsp;I read the article and even got me a subscription to the magazine.&nbsp;&nbsp;It fixed my problem and now both tables are coming out the way I intended them to in both IE and NS.&nbsp;&nbsp;A little more work, but that's the way it goes I guess.&nbsp;&nbsp;Once again thanks!<br><br>Ivan:<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;Thanks for that extra piece of info, I remember having read it before but forgotten about that too! Thanks.<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;-usmc0311eau<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<A HREF="mailto:Al@usmc.net">Al@usmc.net</A>

Woohoo, somebody else reads WebTechniques. I'd definitely recommend the magazine to anybody, although it's targeted at people who know their stuff in a fairly wide variety of topics. No matter what your skill level, though, you're bound to learn something, and the subscription is FREE, so I suppose that doesn't hurt either :eek:) <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back