Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE uses wrong network

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindowWizard

IS-IT--Management
Apr 22, 2002
US
I have a wired network connection to my Wireless Access Point Router (BEFW11S4 v2) from my primary desktop PC. Also, all the other PC's, including the primary, have a wireless network connection using Wireless USB Network Adapaters (WSUB11). Laptops connect using PCI cards (WPC11). Everything works fine. Wired Connection is set for shared internet use. All systems use the wireless connection in peer-to-peer file, printer and internet sharing.

Problem is whenever the primary PC is rebooted, the internet connection tries to connect using the "Wireless Connection". If the "Wireless Connection" is disabled, the connection is made through the "Wired Connection" and everything is fine. And then the "Wireless Connection" can be re-enabled and all is well with the world, until the next time the primary PC is booted.

How can I set ICS to only look at the "Wired Connection" connectoid. (Wireless use of the BETW11S4 is disabled because of distance constraints from the other wireless adapters. So an additional peer-to-peer wireless connectoid is being used.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back