Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE - open a link from a shortcut in full screen (F11) mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffFurman

Programmer
Oct 30, 2002
US
I have found so far that there are no command line switches that allow this and kiosk mode IEXPLORE.EXE -k is not quite so user friendly.

From various other posts I have arrived at in tek-tip:

If I create a short cut with either of the following lines as the target (sorry can't remember who to credit for this one):
javascript:resizeTo(800,600);moveTo(0,0);document.location.href='this essentially creates a maximized screen.

combining it with a different javascript found in yet another thread I can't remember the credit for I arrive at this:
javascript:window.open(' '', 'fullscreen=yes, scrollbars=auto')
this one starts one web page and then fires up a second page in kiosk mode

I'm really looking to get only this instance started in Full Screen(F11) mode to maximize screen space for a specific web based application without messing with the normal IE user settings.

Thanks in advance for anyone interested in offering suggestions.

Thanks Pennanti

I'm almost there, if I create the following shortcut on the desktop:
javascript:window.open(' '', 'height=600, left=0, location=no, menubar=no, resizable=yes, scrollbars=no, status=no, titlebar=no, toolbar=yes, top=0, width=800')

Two windows pop up, the second is about as much as can be available (and yes it only works in IE6 and up). I may not need the toolbars, we haven't started using the application yet (peoplesoft 8).

My dream would be to have this happen without the first window. When I use _self, _top as the second paramter in the window open, the page just opens in the first window but the widow does not resize. Don't know enough about javascript formatting to see if I can fit a close window command in the same shortcut.

Thanks again. I'll put this in the FAQ also once again with you as the inspiration.

Jeff Furman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back