Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE not posting data on first 2 attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianjenn

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
GB
Hi all
After days of searching I can't find a solution to my problem, I have a web application on our work intranet that when you first log on to the network and load IE, the post data from my web page does not submit. I have made the simplest of forms with one input box posting to the same page with a response.write to test and as above it doesn't work the first two submits but is fine after that. In chrome it works perfectly, and if installed in another IIS server it works fine.

But I can't for the life of me find the problem. It must be something between IIS and IE possibly to do with sessions, I have set to anonymous authentication and nothing seems to work.

Has anyone ever come across this issue of IE (on version 9 and 11) not sending post or get form data on first loading?
Any ideas would make my week
Thanks

I am guessing that you are using classic asp?

If so, what OS are you using?

Also, I am guessing also that you have enabled asp since you said it works with chrome?

You are probably right that perhaps, it has more to do with your IIS.

Are you getting any errors?

Anything browser related should be posted in forum608

and server related in forum41

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

I have solved the issue. The default web server settings was using windows authentication where as the individual site was set to anonymous authentication. Apparently IE gets upset if there is different authentication settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back