Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Favorites list gets replaced on left side of window

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate901

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
US
I don't know what caused my IE 6 browser operation to change. I generally like to show my favorites on the left edge of my browser window. Sometimes when I visit a site though the list of favorites will disapear a be replaced with a list links related to the site I'm at. This is a real nuisance. Does anyone know what caused that to happen and how to turn it off? I looked at the 'advanced' page of the IE options and don't see anything to change there, or at least not anything that looks obvious to me.
Thanks,
Nate901

It would be a BHO - Browser Helper Object. These are generally consider hijacks or spyware but some people may actually install them on purpose. Some you can use the software's own uninstaller. Most are best gotten rid of by using a good spyware tool such as SpyBot or AdAware. After those would be Hijack This but it takes a little more knowledgs and time to work through than the others.

The dock at the left edge of the browser can only display one item at a time, usually Favorites or History.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back