Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE error System Call Failed 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

icereg

Programmer
Sep 25, 2006
MY
Our web application, is used in a few countries controlled by a central citrix server . However, some users from a few countries seems to get an error 'system call failed' on different screens, sometimes when the server is busy and sometimes when the load is not heavy.

The system call failed comes in two types :

An error has occured in the script on this page:
Line : 1
Char : 1
URL : XXX
Do you want to continue running this script on this page?

or Line : XXX
Error : system Call Failed
Please Contact your system Administrator.

Based on the google searches , I have already verify and turn of the script debugger and display notification setting in IE. However, the issue still persists.
Since it happens sometimes on different screens, I`m not sure what or where is failling. There is alot of javascript validation and functions running on the window. All the javascript is on a pop up window (minimized ) (small win) . A user can only open up to 4 windows/ sessions and any javascript validation call has to go through the small window. Once the small window is closed, the whole application will be closed. It seems like, at times, the window loses the reference to the small window. Is this possible?

I would really like to know, what causes 'System call fails'. and what good javascript practises I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks!

My hunch is that when this error occurs, it is because the browser cannot find one of the script files referenced.

Next time you see the error, make sure that the browser can manually access all the files... if so, try a refresh. If not, that's your problem.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

I've run into this issue when the users click on things before javascript is done loading - aka slow servers. I've found that clever use of the onload event as well as response buffering on the server side help to alleviate these errors.

Also - you may want to consider having your code *not* run in a popup. A hidden iFrame may be better to prevent your users from having the ability to close it.

Thanks for your valuable support, will try it out and revert back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back