Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ie displays wrong font on input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zathros

MIS
Dec 29, 2000
US
I have searched High and low and have not seen this problem anywhere else. On certain sites when I type text into web site fields, the text that displays is turned into shapes. Instead of letters I get unicode characters for drawing boxes.
N displays U+2567
C displays U+250c and so on.

I've checked fot settings, language settings and so forth but I've seen no changes. It used to do this on many sites that I know were CSS based and it happened mainly in windows for text edit tools. Today it happend for the first time in a plain input field.

I'm running IE 6 on XP pro sp1. No other machines here have this problem. It was upgraded from Windows 2k Pro.

Thanks for any tips!

View -> Encoding -> Unicode (UTF-8)

See if that helps.

[sub]Never be afraid to share your dreams with the world.
There's nothing the world loves more than the taste of really sweet dreams.
[/sub]

Enable Apps

Well I just learned a lot about unicode. :)

Still haven't seen a fix but I can see how it might happen now. I'm wondering though if it's a problem with the site iteself, but I'm sure if it was they would know about it since it's a payroll company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back