Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE browser problem... not posting data

Status
Not open for further replies.

GriffMG

Programmer
Mar 4, 2002
FR
Has anyone come across this?

I have one customer, one user at the moment - but there are dozens about to start, who SOMETIMES finds that when she submits a form from IE the web site gets the request (POST) but no data in the form fields...

If she exits IE and goes back in, it works fine.

None of the other 2000 or so users has experienced this, at least none of them has told me (and they are not a shy bunch!).

Any ideas where to look for an answer?

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have no clue. However, based on what you've written, I'd first look to see if this user has any third party 'fill in the form' software - roboform or the like and even some add-on toolbars have these sort of features. These types of tools must essentially capture the form fields, store them (for future use), and then submit the data to post. Perhaps something is broken within one of those tools.

You don't have any logic that blanks or disables the fields when clicking submit, do you? If so, she might be double-clicking the submit button.

Perhaps she's clicking it without filling the form in at all?

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

I'll check the code, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do that.

The form has to be completed - it won't submit till it is, there is javascript validation to prevent it.

I think it might be IWA

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't know if anyone is looking for an update on this, but I managed to get some cooperation from the client's IT today...

They turned off authentication for their ISA (proxy) with respect to the web site involved (allowing anonymous access) and the user has not complained this afternoon.

We will see how that goes forward.

Martin

Regards

Griff
Keep [Smile]ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back