Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE browser crashes caused by dw computed field (PB 11.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

furei1976

Programmer
Aug 1, 2011
US
Hi Everyone,

I would like to ask for help regarding my issue. IE browser crashes with a message like this "Unexpected error was thrown, the browser will be closed! Please report the error to the administrator. Error:'dw.gobs.computed_field1' is null or not an object." This happens every time the web application loses focus. One example scenario, user inputs data in web application then he receives a message from Yahoo! messenger or user clicks on another application like MS Word, when the user goes back to web application it crashes with the message I mentioned above.
This application works fine in PB Client/Server but the web version does not. The application requires an excel type input and needs to auto-compute some fields (like the 'computed_field1') every time the user changes rows or columns. The 'computed_field1' is currently set as 'sum (col1 for all)', all col1 have zero values after database retrieval. And the user inputs in col2, so as far as I know 'computed_field1' value should remain the same. I have used here grid and tabular as presentation styles but it is giving me the same error. There are no codes in the ItemChanged event. I have tried adding code in DW losefocus like this but it does not work:
if dw_1.rowcount()>1 then
dw_1.setcolumn('col2')
end if

Please advise for any possible solution or workarounds.

thanks in advance.

regards,

frey

I was able to fix this by the way. The reason why IE crashes is that aggregates are not supported, which I got reference to the documentation. The datawindow I used have aggregate functions on the columns like sum( #x for all ). For the workaround, I created dummy columns in the SQL Select for the datawindow. And then I added some code in the rowfocuschanged event, dw_1.Describe("Evaluate('Sum(column1)', 0)")).

I hope this helps.

regards,

frey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back