Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE browser closes when I go to certain websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaboy

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I've had the IE browser shut down in XP when I try to view certain websites. This is a new install of XP and everything seems to run fine. No error messages appear. Running virus protection with updated defs. Ran the repair feature or IE and reinstalled with no effect. This happens in all profiles on the system. There is nothing special about the sites, ie java applets, flash, etc. and other than this XP runs very well. This happens for 2 websites so far and I can view them fine from other computers. Thanks for any ideas.

To start try going to Internet Options/ privacy and move the slider all the way down to accept all cookies. Also in Network Connection properties disable the firewall

I had the problem at work for a few people and they had installed Java application software. The resolution was to either uninstall the Java application or go into IE's advanced settings and un-checking Sun Java...

pcheather@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back