Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE Blocked site from downloading files

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmogul

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
US
When I am using a brokerage site, they have an application that downloads some kind of java script / or ActiveX program. When I click this option, I get an IE message on the info bar that says:

"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer. Click here for options..."

I can click options and everything works. But I would like to avoid this message if possible so the download starts immediately and does not require my intervention. How do I do this?

Thanks.

Depending on exactly what the download is, adding this particular site to your trusted sites might be enough. While visiting the site in question go to Tools, Internet Options, Security tab, Trusted Sites, Sites button, then add the site. If it is actually an ActiveX control, this probably won't be enough, but it is a better first step than manually changing the security settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back