Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE autocompete works, but I want to add a password

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquiringmind

Technical User
Sep 10, 2002
US
Can't seem to find my problem regarding autocomplete passwords. I accidently answered no to the question about IE saving a new user name and password on a form. How do I add this password after the fact? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Try the following: -

On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the Content tab.
Under Personal information, click AutoComplete.
In the AutoComplete Settings dialog box, select the User names and passwords on forms check box (if it is not already selected), select the Prompt me to save passwords check box (if it is not already selected), and then click OK.
Click OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Hope these will solve the issue!!!

Cheers

Scizo

Thanks for your response Scizo. I don't have a problem with IE prompting me to save passwords, except on this one form where I accidently answered no when I was asked. I did not tell IE to not ask me again, just no to this one form. I am prompted with new forms. My question is how do I make IE ask me again to save a password on a form that I originally answered no. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back