Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE as Only application AND be able to hit only specific website

Status
Not open for further replies.

marig

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
I know this can be done, because I'm sure it's done in libraries and museums around the country...

I want to set up a PC with access to ONE certain website. For information & browsing... The website is NOT hosted internally. I don't want someone to be able to browse anywhere they please -- or worse yet, break out of IE and start perusing our internal network. Or start deleting things off the C: drive or whatever problems someone might accidentally start creating.

Where do I start? I have an NT domain...should I start with a system policy that disables access to control panel and other options? Or do I start locally on the XP machine and go through the computer policy there? Is there somewhere in IE where I can start?? Without someone being able to change the settings later?

Any pointers are appreciated. I have visions of a child coming in and with a few clicks & ctrl-alt-deletes is crashing our Exchange server and getting into places he\she shouldn't on our internal network! Or browsing other websites...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back