Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE And security issue warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireburner69

Programmer
Aug 22, 2002
GR
I have developed an application made only by html and javascript.
I use frames for displaying a menu and the main window.

I use winXP and I have installed SP2.

Everytime I open the page it always display this warning:
"To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options..."

And when I use an activeX for create a file with the data of a form this message comes up:

"An ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with others parts of the page. Do you want to allow this interaction?"

I know for sure that the first warning can be skipped if I insert the url into the trusted sites.

Now my questions are (2):

How can I skip the 1st warning cause my files are called from the local PC. I mean in the url I have only this c:\app\index.htm
I tried to insert somethings in the trusted site like file://c://app/ but this is not allowed.
Also I tried something like that *://c:/app/
But again this is not working too. :(
Is there anyway to skip the warning ?

And for the second one how can I setup my IE to allow this activeX from the specific files? Again this warning comes from this files when they use the file object to read and write files in the HD.

Thanks for your time.

Hi, this is due to the new "feature lockdown" for the local computer zone in internet explorer.

See this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software \Microsoft \Internet Explorer\Main \FeatureControl \FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\Iexplore.exe registry subkey. (A value of 1 means the feature is enabled.)

Hope this helps. Please let know if this resolve your issue

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back