Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE and Firefox problem - text is all white in FF, ok in IE 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGALEY

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2003
US
I am in the process of converting a table layout to CSS and divs. Using Dreamweaver MX 2004 with templates. Linking to a style sheet. Basically a two-column layout with a header.

Text is normal color in IE - headings like H2 and content in p tags are fine. In Firefox, pretty much all text is white.

The left column has a blue background with white text, so there, it is fine. The middle column, where the content is, has a light gray background, and the text should be either dark gray or black. But in FF, the text is all white.

I linked the same style sheet to a simple, test page, and FF shows the right colors for the text, if that helps.

sample link:
The style sheet is styles.css in the same folder. This is a work in progress, so it is not real clean, but I am trying to do it "right." Any tips you can provide would be welcome.

If it helps, I can post the text of the css and html form directly, but you should be able to see them via the link.

I have been struggling with this for awhile, can anybody help??? I need to have a decent rendering in FF, and I am lost at this point. I feel like it is probably something simple, but I just do not see it.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

btw, I added a DOCTYPE to see what that would do, since there was not one before. No change, except to screw up the table that is still used to layout the header (I planned to change that later...)

I have tried strict and transitional...

Thanks again,

Jason

try checking the font tags around "contact us" I think you are missing a closing tag.

I said I was in the process of converting to CSS from tables for layout (along with other assorted outdated crap). I am removing the <font> tags as fast as I can, I promise!!! :)

Adding a DOCTYPE magically broke the table-based header in both FF and one ASP.NET page I am using, so I removed the tables completely.

You can view the live site at to see my progress since then. Any ideas or pointers you have are welcome!

Thanks again,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back