Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 8 sometimes not showing pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazee

MIS
Feb 20, 2008
US
I have been having an issue the last couple of weeks. There are two computers on my network that occasionally don't load some pictures on some websites. It will happen for 10-15 minutes and then start loading the pictures fine. I have reset IE and that didn't help. Any ideas?

- Are the security settings identical on those two PCs to all other PCs that work fine?

- Do those two PCs have any 3rd-party add-ons installed (e.g. Google toolbar, Yahoo toolbar, etc), or any internet security suites?

- Do you have any user or group policies in place?

- Is it only certain users that have this issue? What happens if those users log in on a machine that works fine for someone else?

- Do those PCs have enough HDD space free to cache the images?

- What do you mean when you say you have 'reset IE'?

- Does the problem happen if you run IE in safe mode?

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Thanks for you response BillyRay.

- Are the security settings identical on those two PCs to all other PCs that work fine?

Yes.

- Do those two PCs have any 3rd-party add-ons installed (e.g. Google toolbar, Yahoo toolbar, etc), or any internet security suites?

One of them does, one doesn't. When you reset IE to default settings, add-ons are all turned off though.

- Is it only certain users that have this issue? What happens if those users log in on a machine that works fine for someone else?

This I haven't tried. Next time the issue starts I will try to try this and let you know.

- Do those PCs have enough HDD space free to cache the images?

Yes

- What do you mean when you say you have 'reset IE'?

Internet Option -> Advanced tab -> Reset Internet Explorer settings

- Does the problem happen if you run IE in safe mode?

Again, I haven't tried this. I will let you know the next time the issue starts.

It looks like there is an add-on that is causing it. I went to a website that it occasionally happens at and it was occuring. I opened IE with no add-ons and the site loaded all the pictures. Weird that it only happens occasionally though.

It isn't an add-on. The problem is now happening when I use IE with no add-ons.

I'm inclined to agree with BillyRayPreachersSon. If all the IE settings are the same between the two systems, this behavior is probably caused by something external to IE. It could be as simple as the hosts file, or as complex as some antivirus/antispyware software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back