Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ie 7 information bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

drtom

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
CA
Is there a way to diable the information bar in IE 7, it really is a pain. I was able to do so in IE 6 but cannot find the magic wand for IE7
Thanks

See if Internet Options, Privacy tab, Pop-up Blocker Settings button, deselect 'Show information bar...' takes care of it.

What information is it giving you? Do you have a website to check?

It is there when I open the browser. The address is "about:securityrisk"
I have the internet options security setings set as enable for download signed activex contols. If I mark as prompt I get the security warning. That is what I want to get around.
The following is the screen message:

Your security setting level puts your computer at risk
We recommend that you do not browse the web with your current security settings.
To fix this, click on the Information Bar, and choose Fix Settings for Me.
To continue browsing in the current state, click the Home button (not recommended).

Maybe it's not possible?

It looks like the registry key below might get rid of it. But you won't get the benefits of the warnings if you turn it off. If you're not comfortable with the registry editor, don't proceed!

Change the DefaultValue to 1 at:
\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AdvancedOptions\INTERNATIONAL\IDN_INFOBAR

The only thing I'm not comforatble with is the lack of ability to change the browser to the way I want it, not MS's perception of what I need.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back