Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 7 Address Bar Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deak

Technical User
Nov 9, 2001
US
Hello I am having some issues with IE. I was useing IE6 & lost the ability to put an address in the address Bar line like & hit enter & be taken to it. It sits there & never opens up. So I downloaded IE7 in hopes it would fix my issue however it did not. If I use the search in IE7 it takes me to the WEB Page without issues its only when I am typing in a WEB Site to go to directly. Does anyone have any ideas ot thoughts on this one for me Please. I have downloaded all update for Win XP SP2 as well as the newly installed IE7.

Thanks for the link smah. These are exactly what I am seeing. I even did a search before posting to see if anyone else had this type of thing happen to them. I had done the Spy Ware searchs but they found nothing that fixed it. I did the microsoft link for the Security update & it appears to be working now. Thanks so much for the links & sorry that I did not find them when I did my search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back