Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 unnamed toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

XzenoX

Programmer
Feb 11, 2002
CA
Somehow i just realized that i have an unnamed toolbar in IE 6. When active i can clearly see that it doesn't work right. What i need to know is HOW i remove toolbars from the toolbar menu ? I looked everywhere in the registry but found nothing...

Hello

If you click on start>run and type in mmc you will get a blank Management Console. Click on Console and click on Add/Remove Snap-in.Click on the Add botton to open the Add/Stand alone Snap-in window and High light Group Policy,click on add, choose if you want this stored in Active Directory or local computer. Click Finish>close.
Click OK in the Add/Remove Snap-in window.

In the Console click on the + sign next to Local Computer Policy go down to User Configuration>Administrative Templates,click on the + to open. Go down to Windows Componets click on the + to open.Click on the + next to Internet Explore. You will have six folders you can open that will let you change things in Internet Explore.

Good Luck
spool

^_^'' not exactly what i was looking for but i didn't knew i could do that =P
Actualy the problem is related to an activex that i installed

When i go into View>Toolbars> i see the Standar Button thingy, Address bar thingy, Links thingy, Flashget Bar thingy (download manager bar) and an un-named bar, that's what i want to remove, the activex (i think) that enables that, sorry for ne being clear the first time T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back