Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmjn

Programmer
Jul 26, 2002
US
My internet explorer 6 is not working properly I used a download to clean out things and had ad blocker installed.
I'm running windows 2000 professional and I'm looking for direction how to fix it. Some pages open but most just say error or you have to click on the error refresh to go to a site.I tried fixing IE6 and nothing happened, I don't have the prior IE5.5 on my machine so what do I do?? I'm sorry I ever messed with things but I now need simple advise..Help..BC

bmjn,

What download did you use and what do you mean by "clean out things"? There are many downloads on the internet that claim they will tweak your internet connection, clean out traces of where you browse and so on. What many of them do, however, is install spyware or hijackware. Some of them just plain don't work.

The information at the link below may be of some help.

Good luck.
The Old Man

ad aware was the software I downloaded that started my IE6 problems. Sometimes when I open a page I get the error page and then I click refresh and it opens is something not configured properly.

AdAware is an excellent tool and is highly recommended for cleaning out spyware, trojans, etc. Did you let it complete and remove the indicated components? There is also an option to backup the components before deleting. Did you, by chance, use that? If you did, restore the components and try deleting them one by one until the problem happens again.

Good luck.
The Old Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back