Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

bopritchard

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
i had to do a repair on my XP home edition SP2 becuase of some network problems i was experiencing...the repair went fine...my problems are fixed but now i'm having other troubles...

when i launch IE...it just sits there and clocks...never times out...just sits there...mozilla works fine, IM works fine...i went into the add/remove windows components and removed and then added IE...no help

one thing i've noticed in my event log is an error being unable to Open Server Service

Check the Services MMC to ensure that the Server service is actually running to rectify the event log message.

As for IE, try accessing Internet Options from the Control Panel and resetting everything to default. If that doesn't work try downloading the following IE fix profgram.

(thanks to bcastner for this one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back