Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynne228

MIS
Jul 11, 2001
CA
Try to upgrade from IE5 to IE6. During installation of IE6, digital signature error message pops up. Says that no digital signature found for Microsoft Internet...

"More Info" says that certificates are missing for mshtml.dll, iepeers.dll, etc. Am thinking that corrupt W2K files exist, but hoping I don't have to re-install O/S.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have a similar problem - when I go to the Microsoft website and download the startup program for IE6SP1, and run IE6setup.exe, it tells me I have an existing install requiring a reboot. I reboot, but still get error message.

Is it possible to download IE6SP1 somewhere? (actually the whole thing, not just a separate sp) and run it brute force?

Cheers,
Mike

Check the settings of your IE5 and make sure nothing is blocked. Next I would try to download it using a Download Manager. You can get one off the net for free. Type in download manager at a search engine. If that doesnt work dont reinstall your 2000 but repair it. That will fix all your 2000 system files and not remove any of your files, programs or settings.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back