Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 6 closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvmypt

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
US
I'm having a small problem where IE6 is closing when I click on links when I'm inside certain websites. One such site is where I get my weather radar picture. After opening the site I click on "radar" and the next thing I'm doing is launching IE6 from the task bar. I've been on other websites and clicked on links and everything works fine. Does anybody know what's causing the IE6 closing. I'm running XP Home Edition and McAfee Virus Scan 6.02.

Thanks

Don

If you are running a popup stopping program (like NoAds) that closes a popup window based on content, it may close the main window if it tries to load content into the main window that is on the popup content list.

It could also result from a faulty script in the page you're trying to load. You can determine this by temporarily disabling VB, JAVA and ActiveX scripts under Options, Security and seeing if the page loads then.

I don't have any ad blocking software so that rules that out.

I turned off the McAfee and that didn't work.

I disabled the Java and script controls and that didn't work either.

I did however find a couple of other website links that closed IE6 so I don't think it's the websites.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back