Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE.6 and Hotmail hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 17, 2003
US
I have a problem with getting to my hotmail account. I am using Windows XP Home Edition with IE Ver. 6. When I try to get into a Hotmail account, with several differnet ID's I get an error site not found. I can bring up the Hotmail authentication screen. After I insert my ID and PW, I egt site not found. It seems that I keep getting a nasty pop up bar at the bottom, which looks like some kind of search engine. When I go to my home page preference it shows me HTTP:\\SEARCHE.EXE ...etc. When I try to change my homepage to anything else, the original site keeps coming back after I re-initialize IE. I have searched Google and found several topics on SEARCHE-EXE SEARCH.EXE. But none seem to help. I don't have any problems getting to other web sites.

Please help.

Run the malware cleanup regimen detailed here faq608-4650
If it gets to the point that you must post a log, use forum760

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back