Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5 XSL transform failing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm using XMLSpy to develop some XSL to transform my XML data into HTML. When I use the transform option in XMLSpy the output is fine but if I try to browse the XML data (in XMLSpy or IE 5) the output is different and infact, completely wrong. The XML file contains the correct

<?xml-stylesheet type=&quot;text/xsl&quot; href=.....

entry etc.

Simple XSL seems to work OK but big stuff goes to pot.

Is it IE5 being a kipper? or is it me?

Have you tried downloading and installing the MSXML 3.0 parser?

Good luck!

Jordi Reineman

. . . that is to say, having installed MSXML 3.0, using IE5 to do the transform fails but if I use the MSXML dll directly within a VB app, the HTML output is fine.

I've decided to blame IE5, give up and use the dll directly. It's just that I can't believe it's only me in the world getting this kind of nonsense. Whatever, time waits for no man.

Can't find so soon how to make a link to a thread, but look up this thread in the XML forum, perhaps your answer is there..

thread426-89492

Jordi Reineman

Voodoo Boy,

We have been having the same problem all week. Initially, we downloaded MSXML 3.0 but it still did not work. Then we realised we had not installed the new version in replace mode, so we were effectively still running the old version.
To install MSXML 3.0 SP1 in replace mode run XmlInst.exe.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back