Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5 Not Viewing Current Page of Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
We are running IE 5. We have an intranet that I maintain. After updating I open IE 5 to view my changes. The changes do not show. I have to go to Tools, Internet Options, and Delete Temporary Internet Files. Then if I type in the address again, it will pull the most current version of my web pages. Check for newer versions of stored pages is set to "every visit to page".

We are running on a server. All users are having the same problem. Any advice? I have NO technical background -- am purely the middle person between my computer and my techy guys.

PS -- Netscape views the current files automatically everytime; no problem there. That's why I'm sure it's an IE problem. [sig][/sig]

IE is "faster" by using the cashed (spelling?) pages. To have IE go back out and get the most current, hold down the shift key and hit the refresh button.

Hope this helps!
>:):O> [sig]<a href=mailto: anongod@hotmail.com> anongod@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>"Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing."[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back