Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5 broken images

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony76

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
US
I'm using ASP on IIS 4. Internet Explorer version 5 does not show all the images on my site. All other versions of explorer and netscape show the images. IE 5 doesn't show some of the images.

Has anybody else had this problem? How do I fix it?

I have IE 5.5 and it works fine for me... ???

Funny I had the same problem once, I upgraded to 5.5 and the problem went away. I wrote it off as if the web page was not syntactically correct and the new version of I.E. was simply more lenient. After thinking about it some more I belive it may have been caching issues.

Try emptying your cache and reloading the page. Or force reload it by holding shift down and hitting the reload button.

hello anthony
please check the IE settings.here i gave some steps to change the settings ok
step 1:In IE5->TOOLS menu -> Internet option
step 2:in that select ADVANCED tab
step 3:choose all the options in multimedia.
and then check the images in ur browsers.

with regards
webspy(raghuram23@hotmail.com)

I fixed the problem. I had enabled a footer on our site. Some of the images had the footer attached to them. When I disabled the footer all the images were shown. I tested on IE 5 for the mac. When I held "option" and double clicked a broken image I saw the gif data and the footer below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back