Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strader

Technical User
Jul 9, 2000
US
Hi,just to let you all know IE 5.5 has been released.You can load it at InfiniSource Inc.

Or from microsoft@ <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> <p>Ladin<br><a href=mailto:matchu_14@hotmail.com>matchu_14@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>Tech support for 1 1/2 years, build computers, messed with C, HTML, Working on Flash, Role-Playing Game Junkie (Diablo2)

Be warned folks! It's not much of an improvement on IE5, and it takes around 4 hours to download at 56K...<br><br>I think I'll wait for IE6 & NS6 (Don't bother with the Beta download of NS either, as it is really slow and crashes a lot!) <p>ahdkaw<br><a href=mailto:ahdkaw@sensibilium.com>ahdkaw@sensibilium.com</a><br><a href= you do visit my sites - be warned! You must be of a discordian nature...'

I downloaded IE 5.5 from microsoft updates.&nbsp;&nbsp;It did take hours on my 56k modem. I like the new Print Preview facility.&nbsp;&nbsp;No more wasted pages with only one or two lines printed on them. However, I'm having a small problem when I launch explorer now, the pages I've made available offline won't load automatically. I have to click File and tick Work Offline and then Refresh or Go or Enter before they will load.&nbsp;&nbsp;If I'm not already online, all I get is dns error. Can anyone shed light on this.&nbsp;&nbsp;It's only a small matter but I'd like to understand why it is happening. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;thanks...JohnT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back