Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IE 5.5 printing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolei

Technical User
Apr 30, 2001
US
Ive been searching thru the internet for the pas few weeks, trying to find why there is some sort of a printing cache problem with IE ver 5.5.
The URL in question is:
It's dialup instructions for our customers when they sign-up for a new account. Problem is, people have been reporting that when they print, it stops after the 3rd page. I have tried printing this in IE 5 + 6, and Netscape....they all do fine. Only one that cant handle it is 5.5, as far as I can tell.

Has anyone heard of any printing problems like this about IE 5.5, and how to solve them?? Any help would be appreciated!
NZ

Is this IE5.5 with or without the latest sevice pack (SP2)? Might be worth applying and trying again.

Make sure you do not have too many files in your TEMP directory. This has been known to cause an issue with IE thinking the TEMP folder is full when it isn't.

Delete the montents of your TEMP folder and give it a try?

Paul's SP2 suggestion is the best way to go. If that doesn't work:

Look over these articles:

Troubleshooting Printing Problems in Windows 95/98/Millennium Edition
Article ID: Q128345

Internet Explorer Printing Trouble-shooting page:

From LockerGnome...
Has your printer ever stared back at you with a blank look on its face when you printed from your browser? Me too. The reason is rooted in how the Web page is interpreted by Internet Explorer 5.5 or Outlook Express 5.5 (as well as pretty much everything in
Windows ME). The solution is a simple one -- simply requiring that you disable the encoding Auto-Select feature. Click View |Encoding | Auto-Select. This should clear the checkmark next to it and allow you to print cleanly. Oh, wait. Now I only get text at the top of the page! This is an easy fix, too. If "Style Sheets" was somehow disabled in the Registry, your browser will not properly print the page. You'll need to tiptoe around in the
Registry to repair it. Click Start | Run and type: RegEdit Up will pop the Registry Editor, ready for perusal.
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet\Explorer\Main.

Look for a value called "Use StyleSheets". Odds
are, at this point, it's set to "No." Delete that value, exit the editor, and try printing the page again.

reghakr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back